Dr. Daniel Duwovwiji Whawo
Director, Academic Planning Unit.
The academic planning unit of the Michael and Cecilia Ibru University provides a structure that guides the development of the university in the performance of its base functions of teaching, research and development. This unit was established alongside the university in 2015, this is in line with the NUC’s requirements for universities to have an academic planning unit.
The unit provides information and support to facilitate and ease the making of management decisions. These information can come in the form of statistical reports, research findings, data collection and policy development necessary for the overall growth of the institution.
The role of the academic planning unit includes but is not limited to;
- The collation of data and information from the university for the National Universities Commission when needed.
- Ensuring the quality of teaching, research, learning and academic development is of the highest standard obtainable.
- Evaluating student enrollment with relation to staff strength and ensuring they are on par.
- Monitoring resource allocation and utilization in line with the university’s growth plan.
- Determining manpower needs, as well as driving staff development.
- Co-ordinating teaching and research grants
- Co-ordinating accreditation programs of the university.
The Academic Planning Unit is under the office of the Vice Chancellor and its current director is Dr. Daniel Duwovwiji Whawo, a reader of educational Planning; former Dean of School and Director, DELSU Degree Programmes at the College of Education, Agbor.