The University will be a centre of excellence that will inculcate in the students critical and analytical thinking skills as well as kindness and generosity. This will enable them to succeed in whatever situation or problem they find themselves without hurting others.
Information Technology (IT) Center
Our Information Technology center is leveraging on technology to drive education excellently. It provides the platform for achieving center of excellence for qualitative education in areas where meaningful level of improvement is needed.
To transform the University into an automated work environment that embraces the important technologies, communication and collaboration in providing modern learning experience to staff, student and other stakeholders which is God – centered using appropriate digital technologies.
To provide, coordinate and facilitate the use of technology and information resources to the satisfaction of the staff, students of the University and its stakeholders.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY BUILDING
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY OFFICE
“…ready to distribute, willing to communicate” (1 Timothy 6:18)
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIRECTORATE
The Directorate consist of the following:
- IT SERVICES / DEPARTMENT
- System Administration & Support
- Web Administration & Development
- Database Administration
- System Analysis & Design
- Network Administration
- Creative Arts & Graphic Design
- TRAINING DEPARTMENT
The Training department takes care of the following capacity development areas:
- Specialised Training
- Executive Leadership
- Teacher’s Information Technology Competency Program (TITCP)
- Advanced Specialised Information Technology Training
- Computer Based Training
- Other Examinations/Testing
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) INFRASTRUCTURE
One of the richest infrastructure MCIU can boast of is its Information Technology (IT) infrastructure with staff of international academic and professional standards plus impeccable moral track records recruited nationally from the diaspora and across borders. Other IT infrastructure consists:
- Personal Computers (PCs)
- Nano PCs and Smart boards
- Computer Based Testing (CBT) Centers
- Data Center:This is the power house of all the resources deployed in the University environment. The effectiveness of any datacenter is akin to timely access which we have adequately implemented in our architecture. We have different servers for different applications as well as backbone for the Internet.
- KOHA and MOODLE server
- Backup server and QNAP Network Attached Storage
- CBT Server
- Email Server
- Proxy Server
- Internet Server