FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT AND SOCIAL SCIENCE ANNUAL CONFERENCE
Date: July 30- August 3, 2018
Theme: Entrepreneurship For Economic Development
While the concept of entrepreneurship or self employment is not entirely strange in Nigeria, it has become more widespread in recent times. Several nations across the globe have stressed the importance of entrepreneurship as the backbone of any economy. A careful nurture and investment in Nigerian entrepreneurs will significantly reduce unemployment and generate wealth, which will in turn boost the economy’s GDP.
However, Nigeria’s entrepreneurial landscape suffers from inadequate funding and necessary infrastructural support which is limiting creativity and growth.
At this conference, academics, economists, financial, business and MSME stakeholders will deliberate on how to significantly improve entrepreneurship in Nigeria. They will also suggest policies required for SME fundings and enabling environment.
- Theoretical Considerations in Entrepreneurship and Development
- Skill Acquisition, Empowerment and Entrepreneurial development
- Uncertainties and Risk Management in Entrepreneurship
- Security Issues and Successful Entrepreneurship
- The Role of Accounting in Entrepreneurial Development
- Funding of Entrepreneurs
- Gender and Entrepreneurship Development
- Agro-Preneurship in National Development
- Women Empowerment in Entrepreneurship
- Micro, Small & Medium Scale Enterprises (MSMEs) and Inclusive Growth
- Information Communication Technology (ICT) and Entrepreneurial Development
- Market and Marketing Management for Entrepreneurial development
- Prospects and Challenges of Entrepreneurial Development in Nigeria
Submission of Abstract and Full paper
- Abstract of not more than 300 words should be submitted online here and to email@example.com (and copy firstname.lastname@example.org).Each Abstract should include four key words.
- Full papers should not be more than 15 A4 pages including References, Appendices, Figures and Tables in 1.5 line spacing using Times New Roman font size 12.
- Full Paper Submission should be accompanied with evidence of payment of N5,000 only review charge
- Author(s) name(s) and affiliation(s) should be centre aligned in boldface. Paper should be subdivided into introduction, literature review, method, result and discussion, conclusion/ recommendation.
Important Dates/ Timelines
- Abstract Submission: Monday, 11th June 2018
- Notification of Accepted Abstract: Friday, 15th June, 2018
- Submission of full Paper: Friday, 6th of July, 2018
- Notification of accepted Papers: Friday,13th July, 2018
- Submission of PowerPoint Slides: Friday, 20th July 2018
- Arrival of Conference Delegates: Monday, 30th July, 2018
- Opening Ceremony and Awards: Tuesday, 31st July 2018
- Conference Excursion: Friday 3rd August, 2018
- Departure: Friday, 3rd August, 2018
Full Conference Registration
Registration before July 13th – ₦25,000 only
Registration after July 13th – ₦30,000 only
Corporate Registration (5 participants) –₦100,000
Full Registration covers Electronic Conference Materials, Conference bag, Lunch, Presentation Charges, Page charges, Certificate of Participation and e-copy of group photographs.
Postgraduate Students- ₦5,000
Undergraduate Student- ₦2,000
|S/N||Name of Hotels||Rate ₦||Address/ Contacts|
|1||Ibru Centre||₦2000 to ₦6000||Agbarha-Otor/ Cannon Gabriel Kpagban 08038922921|
|2||Sunny City Hotel||₦3000 to ₦7000||Agbarha-Otor 08093005068|
|3||Seabank Hotel||₦2000 to ₦6000||Agbarha-Otor/ Flow Station Rd, Gana Agbarha-Otor 08099098459|
- Dr. Banji Olowoyo – 08036544424
- Christopher Obuhoro – 08024296040
- Vincent Akpotor – 08022108841