The University will be a centre of excellence that will inculcate in the students critical and analytical thinking skills as well as kindness and generosity. This will enable them to succeed in whatever situation or problem they find themselves without hurting others.
The Michael and Cecilia Ibru University(MCIU) has been established to produce high quality graduates of international standard, who can compete favourably with their counterparts anywhere, anytime in the world. The programmes and academic calendar are designed to enable students graduate within stipulated period and duration of study. Students shall graduate with quality head knowledge, skills, competencies and high moral integrity. Work ethics of diligence and passion for excellence are inculcated into undergraduates. Daily devotions (morning and evening) are part of activities in the University.
Vision And Mission
The Michael and Cecilia Ibru University proposes to be a University that will reduce poverty by raising well-rounded graduates who will be builders of any society in which they find themselves. The focus will be on an all-round development of the individual member of the university community without discrimination on the basis of gender, ethnicity or religion. Students will receive quality education in line with international standards and will be ready to stand challenges of work, life and spirituality.
The mission of the Michael and Cecilia Ibru University is to empower its students and communities through functional education and services that will guarantee reduction of poverty for maximum impact on the development of Nigeria and other societies.
The University will be a centre of excellence that will inculcate in the students critical and analytical thinking skills as well as kindness and generosity. This will enable them to succeed in whatever situation or problem they find themselves without hurting others. There will be a sense of freedom and responsibility in the university and students will see themselves as individuals and members of the Nigerian and global community. The university will be a green university where students will develop a sense to save the earth by caring for their immediate environment. The University will also promote commitment to the ideals of democracy as a means by which society will govern itself and care for her citizens.
In a bid to achieve its mission, the Michael and Cecilia Ibru University shall:
Produce skilled high level manpower who are globally competitive and, irrespective of their course of study, shall be independent, self-employed and relevant to the private and public sectors of the Nigerian economy and international development.
- In a bid to achieve its mission, Michael and Cecilia Ibru University shall: Produce skilled high level manpower who are globally competitive and, irrespective of their course of study, shall be independent, self-employed and relevant to the private and public sectors of the Nigerian economy and international development.
- Encourage the advancement of learning and to hold out to all persons without distinction of race, creed, sex or political conviction the opportunity of acquiring a higher and liberal education.
- Create a stimulating and challenging academic environment, provide requisite facilities for the pursuit of effective teaching, learning, research and the acquisition of a liberal education as are appropriate for a University of the highest standing as well as make those facilities available on proper terms to such persons as are equipped to benefit from the use of the facilities.
- Advance scholarship, knowledge, research and professionalism; and to promote by research and other means the advancement of knowledge and its practical application to social, moral, cultural, economic, scientific and technological problems in relevant fields of learning.
- Promote excellence in science and technology to meet the challenges of the global village.
- Inculcate creative and innovative values as well as entrepreneur capacities in students and foster in them an orientation consistent with the philosophy of the University of producing disciplined, upright, morally and ethically sound cultured and patriotic men and women so as to make them more relevant to the national development process thereby ushering in the new Nigeria of our collective dream.
- Complement the efforts of Government by generating employment opportunity for Nigerians.
- Relate the activities of the University to the contemporary social, economic and material needs of its environment.